Friday, May 8, 2015

Day six

I am sitting here relaxing, watching chugging on with my three young charges and thinking about today and the past. Today I spent several hours sewing. I finished putting strips on a quilt top, I made a hammock and then I worked on a little girl dress.  The quilt and hammock were simple and fun, but the dress, which was supposed to be easy, took a long time and had a lot of issues. I had so much trouble putting in button holes, but I loved sewing on the buttons by hand. Hand sewing is relaxing and made me remember my first sewing project. I made a small quilt all by hand, and I remember getting in trouble for leaving my pins in my dad's chair. I still have the little quilt in a box, and I love to get it out and marvel at how i used to sew compared with now.

The farmer's daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment