Thursday, June 18, 2015

Power tools!!

In my family there are a couple sayings.... One is "everything is better with a power tool" and when you live on a farm this can mean anything from a chainsaw to a tractor. In my case though I generally like to get things done without a power tool.... Why? One; power tools and I do not mix well. Nine out of ten times I either hurt myself or cause damage to what ever I am working on. Second: I have learned to enjoy the quiet work and sense of achievement of completing a project with only the use of my mind and body. To this end I have a old fashion drill that I use for many jobs around the farm and if possible use a hack saw to cut material. That being said some projects require a power tool for precision and strength. And because I do not use most power tools this means that in order to complete a project such as that I have to enlist the help of a family member who does use power tools. That requires some tricky "negotiating"; but that is a whole other tale.

The Farmer's Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment